Friday, January 27, 2006

Molly Rose Sendall - it's official

It has been a few days since I have managed to post anything to the blog.

Molly had her kidney scan yesterday which was clear, although she will need another in a few weeks time. Afterwards, we took her to be registered, so she is now officially Molly Rose Sendall. I did make an attempt to add Huckerby and Saffri while we were there but Helen dug me in the ribs to shut me up - she is obviously feeling better.

Molly's weight is improving and she must be well on her way to 9.5lbs now. We are managing to feed her somewhere between 40-50% breast milk topped up with formula.

It has all been rather hectic here over the last week. Helen's mum arrived from the US on Tuesday morning and has done nothing but clean since she has been here (well when we can prise the baby from her grasp that is). The Christmas decorations have been put into boxes and are ready to go out to the garage, cobwebs are rapidly becoming a thing of the past - I was rather attached to some of them - all too literally perhaps. She has dusted and cleaned and tidied the dining room and the sitting room and is planning on doing the whole house before she leaves. Tonight she intends to add cooking to the list, so I have been stood down from kitchen duty. She is amazing. I really wish she and Gareth lived nearer - partly because it would save me from the ghastly task of appointing a new cleaner but mostly because we would like to be able to spend more time with them.

I actually managed a trip to the gym today, the first time for about 6 weeks. I suspect I may ache tomorrow.

Harry and Trudi are expected to return from Tunisia on Sunday afternoon and Helen's dad is due to arrive on Wednesday. There has been no sign of or word from my parents, which is a great pity, but ultimately their loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home