Monday, January 16, 2006

A weighty matter

We had visitations from the midwife (her last ?) and the health visitor (her first) today.

Molly was weighed, poked, prodded, declared healthy and 3.82kg, a mere 70g short of her birthweight. She naturally took all of that in her stride, well the stride of someone that is not yet able to walk. We took our eye off the ball a little today as Helen was feeling a bit better and contrived to run out of Floradix just in time for me to cook a meal that had precious little by way of iron content and then she failed to take some of her pills at the right time resulting in more pain. But all in all, not a bad day.

I spent some time this afternoon in front of my pile of admin which was looking even more menacing than it has ever done before. So I had a cup of tea. Then I rearranged some of the admin into piles, put the piles in order of priority, drew up a list of to do items, prioritised the items in that list, but had to take the girls to their drama class just before I had to actually do any of it. I must make an appointment tomorrow to register the birth. I think I might sneak down there on my own and register her as Delia Ashton Saffri Huckerby Sendall, also known as Molly. Although how bad would that be if Norwich do sell Ashton in this transfer window ? Her intials would be DASH Sendall though, which I do rather like.

My overdraft at the sleep bank seems to be a bit more comfortably within the limits of my facility. I appear to have stopped short of succumbing to a direct debit, so repayment can be made as my means allow rather than at the bank's behest. Hmmmm...., having just re-read this post, it is a toss up which is the more exhausted, me or that metaphor.

Time for bed I think. I can probably get about 25 out of the requisite 40 winks before Good Golly Miss Molly wakes for her next feed.

You know, you can't say "Molly" without saying "Mmmm..." [With apologies to Mattesons]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home