Saturday, January 09, 2010

Bloody New Year Resolutions...

This year I am going to keep my e-mail inbox at a manageable size (I have already brought it down from over 200 flagged items to a mere 88), I am going to devote some time to personal admin - the pile of 'filing' is sitting in the corner of my study like Mr Jackson in Mrs Tittlemouse's house. OK it isn't sitting all over a small rocking chair, twiddling its thumbs and smiling, with its feet on the fender. It is more slouched in a precarious heap, staring malignly with an expression perhaps slightly tinged with disappointment. The point is, if I have started to anthropomorphise my pile of admin (except I suppose to think of it as a toad is not really to anthropomorphise, but you know what I mean) it is definitely time for it to go.

My other resolutions include minor stuff like get our debt under control (it now rivals the size of the combined national debt of a number of medium sized African countries), get the garden under control, get the house maintenance under control...etc ad considerable nauseam.

So let's make a start. All pigs are now fed, watered and ready to fly...

I had better have another coffee and walk the dogs first. It's such a lovely day, now where did I put my camera ? Oh yes, there it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home