Monday, April 16, 2007

Running Joke

I have started running again. Well, jogging would be more accurate. I have been doing it very early in the mornings with the dogs - do not want too many people to see 40 tonnes of middle-aged blubber bouncing along the woodland paths like an escaped giant blancmange. The dogs are enjoying it, although I think they find the pace a bit relentless. They would prefer to sprint off across the fields in the vain pursuit of the crows that seem to taunt them, followed by a bit of walking before the break-neck high speed pursuit of the next squirrel/pheasant/deer that crosses our path, followed by a bit more walking. Instead, I jog around at a fairly constant pace with them putting in the extra sprints in between. Fartlek for dogs. The family have unkindly suggested that I am the man who put the 'fart' in Fartlek.

At least the hounds will be leaner and fitter as a result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home