Friday, March 31, 2006

Absolutely bloggered...

I am actutely aware that I have not posted for 3 weeks.

It's been a busy and challenging time. I have been working hard and travelling to sexy and exciting places such as Sheffield. We have all been struggling with flu/colds. Maisy has chosen this time to go into season for the first time, so we have been trying to prise our two hounds bent on committing canine incest apart with a crowbar while mopping up the inevitable blood trails. Luckily, Neville and Claire and Rob and Jules have been able to give us some respite care by taking Murray off our hands for a few days, but that just leaves Maisy very miserable and every carpet in the house spotted.

Molly is suffering from a horrid cough/cold, but continues to prosper on a diet of almost exclusively breast milk. On Wednesday she weighed in at a whopping 14lbs 9oz and is now 12 weeks old. She is almost able to hold her head up without support and has developed a most engaging chuckle and an ability to be secretly sick down your back.

We had a Chambers 'do' for solicitors and clients in the Long Room at Lords last night, the first time I had ever set foot in a proper cricket ground. I have to admit it was quite impressive. I watched some entertaining maidens and noted some very cute bodyline moves without being caught ball-tampering. Thankfully, the wicket was less than sticky and there were no bouncers. Eventually, I positioned myself at silly mid canape and caught as many as I could. No duck in any of them though. I was certainly well padded by the end with no need for extras, indeed I had real trouble closing my face. At last I declared, found my way out into the corridor of uncertainty and enforced the follow-on. Perhaps cricket isn't such daft nonsense after all.

2 Comments:

At 12/4/06 13:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear, old chap!

g

 
At 16/5/06 11:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you checked out the cricket advert?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home