Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Grandparents whisked away by big white bird...

Gareth & Diane went home this morning, so there is much doom and gloom here. We get to spend so little time with them, which is a real shame. However, they have agreed to come to Tuscany with us in the summer - yey !

Molly has been feeling a little sorry for herself for the last couple of days as she has a cold and seems to have a bit of a tummy ache. She was awake until about 2am and then slept fitfully in my arms until about 4am when I finally managed to get her into the crib. Charlotte woke us all up at 6.30am to start her preparations for a big fry up breakfast to see Nana and Grandad off. There was so much food it nearly saw me off too. Especially at that time of the morning. There should be a law against breakfasting before 9am. So, stuffed with sausages, eggs, bacon, black pudding, hash browns, tomatoes, mushrooms and toast we rolled Nana and Grandad out of the car at Terminal 3 at Heathrow at about 10am. The queue at check-in was so short that we had plenty of time for a coffee before they departed. Helen and Diane (who admittedly had eaten less breakfast than the rest of us) bought a muffin each to have with their coffee. Although the time was more civilised, the mere thought of more food made me queasy.

I have been into London this afternoon for an audition to play the lead in a short film called "Happy Larry" which, oddly enough, is about a man who persistently attempts to commit suicide with a remarkably poor success rate. But it does have an interesting sting in the tail. I am not very optimistic about being offered the part, but the audition was fun. I am filming some pick-ups tomorrow for a BBC3 programme that I was involved in during January. Apparently they just want to film my hands - you have probably all noticed what beautifully photogenic hands I have ! I might get around to doing some proper barristering work sometime soon - boo hiss !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home